Diabetic Retinopathy - A combination of natural ingredients intended for the needs of people with diabetic retinopathy
Adults : min 1 - max 2 daily.
Children (under 12 years) : Contact us or see the sheet Use advice
Duration : minimum 180 days.
Use : recommended in long-term at the minimum posology For further information, please consult our pharmacist.
Caution(s) : Consult your doctor in case of taking anticoagulants. Not recommended for people on antidepressant medication. For any question, don't hesitate to contact our pharmacist
Note(s) : For specific questions, please contact us
A combination of natural ingredients intended for the needs of people with diabetic retinopathy.
The Diabetic retinopathy is primarily a vascular disease affecting the small vessels of the retina.
The incidence of retinopathy of type 2 diabetes increases with age because the vascular lesions are directly dependent on the duration of hyperglycemia
All diabetics should be monitored at the level of the retina :
- In case of graver retinopathy, a monitoring every 4-6 months may be necessary.
The beneficial effect on retinopathy of a good glycemic control has been demonstrated in diabetic of type 1 and 2, with also a beneficial effect, of a well-balance blood pressure for the diabetics of type 2.
Indeed, the diabetic retinopathy is directly the consequence of duration the hyperglycemia because in that case, there is activation of the way of the aldose reductase, accumulation of sorbitol and fructose in intracellular and phenomena of increased protein glycation. Ie the attachment of sugars on amino acids composing proteins (glycosylation) and then denatures these proteins that can not fulfill their roles or be eliminated and which therefore accumulates.
These glycosylated proteins leads to the development of free radicals who damage the tissular structures, in particular here, the internal wall of small vessels and causing a depletion of glutathione. It leads to a bigger quantity of not neutralized free radicals etc...
It has been shown that diabetic patients with retinopathy have a higher levels of oxidation product called malondialdehyde compared to also those diabetic without retinopathy and with a better control of their glycemia.
Simultaneously and complementary with a classic medical treatment, it is particularly indicated to make benefit the diabetics of a treatment by a classic antioxidants such as the vitamin C, vitamin E, and selenium
But also of :
- The alpha lipoic acid of form R which prevents protein glycosylation, inhibits the aldose reductase, is a powerful antioxidant both in aqueous and lipid, allows the direct regeneration of vitamin C and indirect Vitamin E, which allows to increase the intracellular levels of glutathione and coenzyme Q.
- the Quercetin because of its antioxidant property and especially inhibitive of the aldose reductase..(21)
- the Vitamin B6 which may have a preventive role (22)
- Zinc because two important enzymes necessary require it for the proper functioning in retinal.
- the lutein which seems more suitable than the beta carotene, and which constitutes the main carotenoids antioxidant of the retina
- acetyl-Lcartinine for its anti-glycation role amply demonstrated by its very favorable use and already ancient in diabetic neuropathy.
- the Ruscus of which he was shown the action more favorable than the troxerutin in the complications of microangiopathy (23)
- Vaccinium myrtillus of at least 25% of anthocyanosides, which have a stabilizing effect on the connective tissue, 23, which decrease capillary fragility by a powerful anti-oxidant effects and have a special affinity for the retina.
Therefore improve blood flow, normalize the levels of glycemia and correct the underlying metabolic disturbances are the three main objectives that should aim to achieve the therapeutic management complementary of the diabetic retinopathy.
Daily protocol of Diabetic Retinopathy :
- RDBT : 2 caps (combination of R alpha lipoic acid, Ruscus aculeatus, Vaccinium myrtillus, Ginkgo biloba, Lutein, B6, Zinc, acetyl L cartinine, Quercetin) associated with ...
- SEVINE : 2 caps
- MALATE MG : 2 caps
- AC500 : 2 caps
& only for Type 2 diabetes, completed by ...
- METAREGUL : 1 cap