Marie-Christine LANGGUTH CUEVA
Naturopathe - Iridologue - Nutrithérapie
Laisser un commentaire
Several tracks whose diet may contribute to the disappearance of cold sores
Herpes labialis or cold sore is caused by a contagious virus. Once the first herpes outbreak occurs, the virus will remain for life in the body. Many factors can trigger its flare: fatigue, fever, stress, during the menstrual cycle and sometimes some food components. Several tracks are possible to make it disappear quickly as the drug way, more natural herbal solutions or certain micro- or macro nutrients.
An amino acid to avoid: arginine
Arginine is one of the 20 amino acids that make up our proteins but would have the unfortunate tendency to allow the virus multiplication, or to reactivate it. It is better to refrain from consuming food known for their high content of this amino acid: Brussels sprouts, peas, legumes, some cereals, such as brown rice, oats and buckwheat, as well as red meat, poultry, dairy products and oilseeds (almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, macadamia nuts), coconuts.
Lysine *, an amino acid hostile to the virus
- Based on clinical trial results, lysine, taken as a preventive measure, can help reduce the recurrence and severity of cold sores and accelerate healing in some individuals. Lysine would act by inhibiting in particular the metabolism of arginine. Lysine is considered to be an essential nutrient because the body can not produce it and must be drawn from certain foods.
- The difficulty lies in the choice of proteins, which are both sources of lysine and arginine: it is better to privilege those with a high lysine / arginine ratio. Lean meat (veal, turkey), fish, oysters, eggs, white beans, soya in all its forms (tofu, edamame, milk), corn, wheat germ, beans, chick peas, brewer's yeast and sauerkraut are good sources.
- In general, it is better to avoid foods rich in arginine and poor in lysine, such as especially chocolate, nuts and seeds, wheat cleared of its germ in order to not attenuate the beneficial effect of lysine.
Strengthen immunity to fight the virus
- In preventive as in curative, it is important to strengthen its immune defenses and in particular by the use of certain plants like the l'Echinacea ** and the Cynorrhodon, which have proven themselves.
- Choose the most diet composed of organic foods, which are full of all their essential vitamins and trace elements: sterilized and heated foods have lost all their antioxidant properties.
- Prefer red berries, such as blueberries, blackcurrants, currants, rich in vitamin C , just like lemon, easy to accommodate in dishes..
- A spoonful of propolis, in a little honey or vegetable oil of rapeseed or olive: this natural antibiotic produced by the bees is an excellent immuno-stimulant.
- The lack of physical exercise remains one of the main causes of the weakening of the immune defenses: experts advise to practice at least 30 minutes of physical exercises per day to activate the circulation of the blood and in particular the white blood cells, by reinforcing the immune system.
A trace element to put on your plate : zinc ***
A lotion or gel, applied locally and containing zinc can accelerate the healing of cold sores. But the action will be complete if in the basic treatment, the organism is boosted in zinc intakes: it is then all the immune system that benefits of it. The richest foods are oysters, shellfish in general, wheat germ, liver, sesame and tahini flours, roast beef. Pumpkin, squash and watermelon seeds and chocolate are excellent sources, but they also contain arginine: it is better to abstain from it.
Be careful if you consume cereals: they contain phytic acid that binds to zinc and hinders its absorption at the intestinal level. It is better to avoid associating a portion of animal proteins and cereals.
Attention to the stress
- Situations of high stress can lead, in addition to a herpes outbreak, to lysine deficiency, which can cause a drop of immune defenses. A plant seems to emerge from the lot: it acts on nervous and digestive disorders (often linked), has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties and inhibits the herpes simplex virus: it is lemon balm ****. So make regular herbal teas or decoction of this herb, in addition to relaxation techniques or pleasant moments of leisure : lowering the pressure can help you spacing the herpes outbreaks.
- One way to protect yourself against herpes is to identify the factor that in you will trigger the herpes crisis: this will allow you to act accordingly.
* Thein DJ, Hurt WC. Lysine as a prophylactic agent in the treatment of recurrent herpes simplex labialis.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1984 Dec;58(6):659-66.
** Stimpel M, Proksch A, et al. Macrophage activation and induction of macrophage cytotoxicity by purified polysaccharide fractions from the plant Echinacea purpurea.Infect Immun 1984 Dec;46(3):845-9.
*** Shankar AH, Prasad AS: Zinc and immune function: the biological basis of altered resistance to infection. Am J Clin Nutr 1998 Aug;68(2 Suppl):447S-463S
**** Mélisse Dimitrova Z, Dimov B, et al. Antiherpes effect of Melissa officinalis L. extracts. Acta Microbiol Bulg 1993;29:65-72 / Mencherini T, Picerno P, et al. Triperpene, antioxidant, and antimicrobial compounds from Melissa officinalis. Jour. Nt. Prod. 2007; 70(12): 1889-1894.